Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sold My Vintage Mixte.







I made the decision to sell my 1983 Centurion Le Mans Mixte (Rose). I just didn't have the time to devote to restoring her, and it was a shame to have her sitting in my garage collecting cobwebs. Sadly, I was in over my head. I had one session over at Bikerowave with the bike, and the more work I did, the more I realized how much work (and money, frankly) it was going to require. The wheels were dodgy and were probably going to need to be replaced. I tried to true them but it is apparently an art that I don't have a talent for. The cables and housing needed to be replaced, new tires, new chain, new brake pads, new saddle, etc. etc. It was just too much for me and I had to admit it.

I sold it to a gal who lives in Downtown LA who was going to fix it up for a friend of hers. That's a good friend! I wish her well and hopefully she will send me some pictures when she has it restored.  She seemed to know what she was doing, and I know she'll do a better job than I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment