Sunday, April 11, 2010

Welcome, Dave!

Dave and his new Electra Townie 7D

This is my friend Dave.  He asked me to go bike shopping with him to help him pick out a new bike.  It's been many years since he's been on a bike.  It was the first time I've done a true "bike consult" and it was so much fun!  He wanted a bike that was comfortable and easy to use for tooling around town and the beach on the weekends and perhaps riding to work on occasion - work being just a few miles from his home - and he knows himself well enough to know he's not a speed demon.  After considering several options at a few different bike shops he settled on the Townie - which I think is a great choice!  I was seriously considering the same bike when I first started shopping.  He especially loved the orange accents on the black bike.  It really is quite stylish, and it's a great value to boot.  It's definitely a bike to consider if your new to the world of cycling, or you're considering any kind of cruiser or comfort bike.

He also got a helmet, a pump, a lock, a bottle cage and bottle, and a set of lights.  He's all set!

Now I'm going to e-mail him a link to Bicycling Street Smarts so he'll feel safe and well-equipped on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment